Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday Celebrations!

We just had a great Birthday weekend. Well of course I had to take some Birthday cookies and juice to Laney's school Friday. The babies were so cute and DESTROYED the soft icing cookies! It is safe to say they liked them! Oh and on her Birthday that morning before school, Laney decided to let go while standing and stood on her own! She did so good! Friday night some of the family came over and we had one of Laney's favorites..my spaghetti and then no Delta girl should have a birthday without some Chow Cake! Saturday we had the big party. We were so excited to be surrounded by our family and close friends. All the babies enjoyed a swim in the ball pool. Celeste gave Laney a baby pool and we filled it up with balls. The babies had a blast in it. Of course I had a spread of food and we had cake of course! Laney was so funny eating her cake. She started out eating it prissy like she eats her other food with her 2 little fingers. Then got into it and then started pounding it like a drum. Cake was all over her! It was so cute! Anyway, enjoy some pictures from it all. I have so many it was hard to choose which ones!
A few things Laney is doing now at the big 1! She is almost 21 pounds and 29 1/2 inches long. She shakes her head No which is so funny and cute. Words...Momma (all the time), Dada, Bye Bye, no no, Rebel, ball, bubbles. Those last 4 are hard to make out but that is what she is trying to say. Ms. Rendia told me she said her name. Can drink out of a straw (thanks to Mimi) but this did come in handy when I forgot her sippy cup and all we had was juice boxes. She can pull up and climb on anything. Thank goodness we don't have stairs in our house! Loves music and books. Bathtime she loves and has started to try to swim and put her face in the water. The pool should be fun! We started giving her a spoon to try and eat..not so sure about that one yet but she will get there! She will eat anything you put in front of her but I think loves spaghetti and cheese the most. She gets cranky by 7 if she has not had her bath and ready for sleep by 7:30. She wakes up between 7-7:30 every day, then ready for a nap at about 9:30 then another long one after lunch. Sometimes takes a cat nap around 4:30 if she really had a big day! She loves going to sleep in her daddy's arms. She sucks her thumb and wants you to hold her hand while she does it. Daddy's trick to getting her to sleep he says is rubbing her hand while holding it. She sleeps sucking that thumb and holding her blanket most the time. It is so sweet!
She has 4 teeth but the 2 teeth on the sides of the front teeth on top are breaking through. She tries to "spit" them out. Funny. We also had Easter things going on Sunday..I had so many birthday pictures to post and could have posted more that it took forever! So look for Easter update later in the week!

Below trying to get a picture of Laney in her birthday outfit for school!
Then I let go of her hand and she stood there for 15 seconds! I thought she stood up by herself at home on her favorite step to our bathtub but thought her booty might be against the wall. Well she was standing! Glad camera was in hand!

It's my Birthday People!

Some of the class enjoying the cookies. Jordan, Coleen, Laney, Grayson and Emma. I guess I cut Caroline out!

I know what is in that box..yummy Chow cake!

Birthday girl and Momma

I love my chair!


I think I liked my spaghetti and cake!

9:45 pm April 3, 2009..exactly 1 years old and sleeping! See post below for what she was doing at that time last year! SCREAMING!

Helping Momma wash the dishes for my party..April 4th

Laney's Birthday Invites! Laney has wrapped up her first year!!!

The cakes above and the Goody Bags with a 1 and present cookie!

Trying to get a picture of the kids with them in their birthday party attire. the dress was the inspiration behind the theme! And see you can match a 5 year old boy with a baby girl!
Laney, Lucy Kate and Bryant having so much fun in the balls! They loved it! Oh and Celeste told them to get together and you Lucy Kate and Bryant immediately started toward Laney. It was too funny! Lesley has them trained well already!
Then Elizabeth joined the fun. She was giving Lucy Kate Kisses! So cute!

This is so much fun!

Time to go check something else out


Present time! Thanks Aunt Celeste and Chris for this so cute baby stroller!

Parker trying to help Laney out with her cake!

Then Bryant and Lucy Kate thought they would help me out since I was being so slow

Then I decided to beat on it like a drum.. That was fun!

Really really really making a big mess!

The aftermath after I wiped her eyes. She had cake in them!

Now for comparison! Parker after his first birthday cake!

Going to the bathtub now!


Now I am clean and showing off the princess tutu she got from Ms. Kandi!

Daddy and the princess..she was tired and this is her favorite place to go to sleep!

3 comments:

Cameron and Rachel said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me or not but I was Parker's teacher at Open Arms. I can't believe I found you on here. And that parker is 5 already. your little girl is precious and looks just like he did as a baby. Hope you are all doing well!!!

Scott, Meredith & Audrey said...

Looks like a lot of fun and YUMMY Chow cake. I want some : (

The picture you titled: "I think
I liked my spaghetti and cake!" she looks just like Jason there!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Cute!! Sounds like a great party! What is a "chow cake?" She is adorable and looks like she had a great bday!!