Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was so great! Our church every year has a tradition that all new babies born since last Mother's Day are presented by their Moms during service to the church. My first Mother's Day when we moved here I was pregnant with Grace and all I could think about while they were introducing the babies was getting to do that the next year. Last year I did not get to introduce her of course, I sat in the congregation watching the other mom's introducing their babies with tears in my eyes thinking I should be up there with Grace too and how I probably never would be able to be up there. I had just lost a third baby and thought we would never have another. Of course God blessed us more than we could imagine! This year, I finally got to be up there too with a precious gift from God! I just could not help but smile and introduce our beautiful Laney. She looked so pretty in her dress and bonnet! She was so good all during church too! Parker was such a sweetie and gave me several things he made and some pretty arrangements for my dining room table! I also got myself something! See the picture below! And then Parker filled out a story book about me...It is pretty funny. Here it is:
My mom's name is Laura Elizabeth Wolfe Harris. He said the whole thing! She has brown hair and blue eyes. (He of course is right!) She is 69 years old. (Don't think so sweetie!!) Her favorite food is chicken. (I like it but not really) For fun, my mom likes to play with me. (Yep that is right!) Her favorite color is pink. (yes) I love my mom because her heart's beeping!

Too funny! I have to explain the heart beeping. I tell him all the time that he is my heart and then I put my hand to my chest and say ba bump ba bump. I guess only I knew that one and what it meant! I love my Parker and Laney!!




One Happy Momma! (Even though someone wasn't very happy!)



Laney Grace all ready to be presented at church!

My Mother's Day gift I got myself! Laney was 5 days old when we had this made and Parker of course was 41/2

No comments: