This past week has been pretty busy. We had lots of visitors to meet Laney. I had my first outing last Monday with both kids all by myself. The hardest part is getting everyone dressed and somewhere on time. Needless to say we were 20 minutes late but it was fine. It was just to the dr. last week because Parker had another Sinus infection. Lovely Spring and Allergies. He is now on Allegra so hopefully that will help. All of my help also kinda left/stopped coming by as much last week. This was kinda good for me because I was 100% feeling better since I got better from my bladder infection. Oh yes, I got one of those and it was awful. I could not move hardly. I was so scared I had a uterine infection or something but it was just a bladder infection. I was in tears at the thought of having to go to Memphis and stay in the hospital and leaving my babies behind but thankfully it was something antibiotics cured! Anyway, back to getting into our own routine. It was kinda nice to be back doing my own laundry and cooking. I love cooking and I have not cooked in well over a month! Now I do miss someone else doing my dishes! Also, sometimes what people called help was holding Laney ALL the time and that totally spoiled the girl. I am having some luck at getting her to be ok while put down. What else happened last week? Oh, Jason had to go get Parker a play set at Sam's. It still is not completely up but that did not stop Parker from playing on what was up. Parker got to stay home from school too and help Jason put it up. Laney last week played on her playmat and got in her swing for the first time. She loved both of them. She also got a visit from Momma's best friend Millie. She brought her little boy Connor who Parker loves playing with. Connor and Parker are only 8 months a part and have loved playing with each other since they were babies. It has been so fun to watch them grow up together. I am also so very excited to say that after 3 years of the heart break of miscarriages and trying for a second baby, God has answered many many prayers and Millie is almost half way to holding a sweet baby of her own in her arms too! And...ITS A GIRL!!! I hope Laney and this baby girl will be great friends like Parker and Connor. On this visit, Laney got to go to the park for the first time and watch Parker and Connor play. Oh and I almost forgot our first almost a big Ut-oh. Saturday since I was having company I told Jas he could play in a golf tournament no problem. Well that morning, I was here by myself trying to get everyone ready for our visit. I had put Laney's bouncey seat in the bathroom so I could watch her while I took a shower. I was going to leave Parker in our room watching cartoons. He wanted a pop tart but would not go get it so I went to the kitchen to get it because I thought that would for sure mean he would sit still while I took a shower. Parker was on our bed and Laney in the bassinet by our bed when I went to the kitchen. I was not gone 2 minutes when I come in my room to see the bassinet empty and Parker not on the bed! My heart dropped and I went in my bathroom and Parker was putting her in the bouncey seat! He picked her up and carried her about 10 feet or so into our bathroom across the tile floor! She was fine no peep from her and he said 'But I did not drop her' He was just trying to help he said. I guess I will not be leaving them alone for 2 seconds even when I think she is somewhere safe. I had no idea he could even get her out of that! And finally today we took both kids to the pediatrician in Memphis. Parker did so good until his shots. He really did ok for those. He passed his hearing test and has grown from his little 7 pound 10 ounce self to 46 pounds and 43 inches tall!! My baby isn't a baby anymore! Laney is now 8 pounds 14 ounces and 21 inches long. She was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long when she was born. The Dr. said both of them looked great! So that is about all for the last week!
And I forgot to put this down when I was telling about her birth but when Parker met Laney for the first time in the hospital, he told her how pretty she was and that we had a Princess movie for her to watch at home! It was so cute. He is right, I bought her Cinderella right before they put it back in the vault a few months ago. Every little girl I am told LOVES Cinderella so I had to get it for her. Parker was so cute telling her that. I think Jason got that on video because it literally was right when he saw her.
On another note, please keep my friend Lesley and her family in your prayers. You can read about them on the Johnson blog. Her 4 week old Bryant had to have a Trach put in last week and is now in ICU. God has already answered so many prayers regarding Bryant and his twin sister Lucy Kate and I know he will see little Bryant through all of this. We know as mothers what worry for our little ones will do to us sometimes so please pray for strength and peace for Lesley. We love you all and you are in our prayers!!!
Aunt Denise, Uncle Bradley and Ms. Kathy (Denise's Mom)
My first time on the play mat and I loved it!!
Parker trying out Laney's bouncey seat!
Parker and Connor having fun at the playground!
And a picture from this morning. I can tell her little cheeks have put on some weight!




1 comment:
Great pics. Your kids are SO cute!!! I love Parker's hair! Laney is beautiful as always! Glad things are going well!!
Post a Comment