All I can say is Wow! This last month has been amazing and amazingly crazy! Our family of 5 is now complete with our " little man" although not so little for a newborn! He was born on July 6 at 5:35 by c-section. The night before I was up ALL night long with some sort of contraction, cramps and backpain. I called my OB and the nurse said you need to come get checked. I was scheduled for a c-section on the 8th. So we went to Memphis all packed just to stay the night in a hotel but the Dr. said, I had progressed more and there was no sense in sending me home because it would probably happen in the middle of the night. So he said lets do this today! I was so nervous about my first c-section but he was just measuring much bigger than any baby I had ever had so drs did not want to chance it. I am so glad they are much smarter than me! As all of you know, we did not know if Chase was a boy or girl. I have to say it was so amazing to find out at birth how I did. The dr. said "whatever it is, it has a lot of hair!" Jason raised up, looked over the curtain as they were pulling the baby out and all I heard is him saying "It's a boy, Its a boy!!" That was so awesome hearing it from Jason I just can't tell you! The nurses all said what a big boy and kept talking about his big hands and Jason did too! Seemed like 10 minutes of them cleaning him up and when they took him to the scales is when I saw him for the first time! All I saw was all this black hair! He was precious! He was a big ole 9 pounds, 37 cm (15 inch) head and 14 1/2 inch chest! Yes, thank goodness for c-sections! Now that I am in a decent routine, I will post more soon I promise so check back for the big brother/sister reactions and our first month home!!!
Getting cleaned up and my bracelets on!
Look at that hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment