So this week Laney continued to sleep pretty well. We have not had a 12 hour stretch again but have consistently had 7-9 hour stretches which are pretty good I think! She also met her Grandaddy for the first time this week. He just thought she was beautiful. Then he had to tell the story about Parker's first sentence. See he was living with us and I had Parker strapped in the car seat about to take him to daycare and Parker looked at him and said "Bye Grandaddy". He was 15 months old or so. So funny he remembers that but it shows he does have a little soft spot for my kids. Also, Laney started grabbing for things on purpose! She kept grabbing this butterfly on her play time mirror! I have been trying to get her to do this for a week or two and she did it yesterday! What else happened this week...Parker said Laney was "supersized"! LOL! He also sang Mary Had a Little Lamb to her and said "her curtain was white as snow." I died out laughing! Oh and it was so sweet..Lastnight Parker saw my bible and wanted me to read him a story out of it. Well it is an adult bible so hard to find a story you can just read to a 4 year old. So I turned to the Psalms and he would point at what he wanted me to read. I decided to take this time to start teaching him bible verses. He is old enough to memorize some verses. One he pointed to was "Blessed be the name of the Lord forever and ever" Psalm 113: 2. He kept getting tripped up on name and Lord mixing them up. He finally got it though. Then we found Psalm 37:3 "Trust in the Lord and do good.." There is a bit more but I thought we would stop there and he got it the first try! He was so proud of himself and kept wanting to do more. It just melted my heart he was so excited about learning God's word! He would run tell his daddy his new verse everytime! Parker also spent the night with his Mimi one night and told her "God wanted her to close her eyes and go to bed." She thought it was funny!
This week I found out about a work trip I have to go on. I was stressing at first because it is the last week of August and my Mom is back in school. I can't leave the baby yet since I am exclusively breastfeeding so I need someone to come along and keep the baby while I am at work. Although I once heard of someone I use to work with Fed Exing her milk home! I don't really want to try that! Thank goodness my sister in law is going to be able to make the trip with me and Laney. Should be interesting!
While Parker and I went to the pool today, Mimi decided to try a hair bow in her hair! Thanks to my good friend Kim, Laney has an assortment of hairbows that Elle has outgrown. I had to take a picture! My cousin from Idaho said something about the hairbows here because apparently that is not popular in Idaho. She asked where you even got these big hair bows. I told her she was in the right place because they are easy to find down here in the south! Laney of course has the infant size hair bows. Yes, they make them in all sizes! Now for pictures!
I am loosing count..week 14? Yes, this outfit is from one of those clothing shows! LOL!
My first hairbow! I think I need a little bit more hair or at least thicker hair!
Laney watching her mobile! Tiny Love makes the best mobiles for those of you expecting or have new little ones! The music is great and always put Parker right to sleep and now is putting Laney to sleep. This one is from when Parker was little but they still make them!




3 comments:
LOL about the shopping!! Sorry about your work trip but it sounds like you have everything under control! I love those pics!! They are so cute!!
You have to let me know where you found all the great deals! I have been to 3 clothes shows and it is just out of hand at this point. Can't wait to see you guys again. Laney is getting so big!
Enjoy buying her cute clothes! That's the best part of having a little girl - all the cute clothes! My girls have just about outgrown the home parties, but I LOVE Kellys Kids, Chez Ami and RagsLand! HAVE FUN! Before you know it, you will be spending your money at Limited Too on a pair of jeans for her :(
Post a Comment