Thursday, May 28, 2009
We have been BUSY little bees!!
Where do I start? We have been so busy with all the end of school things going on. First Laney is full out walking now. She still kinda drunk walks but there is no stopping her! She is fast too. Her school has Grandparents tea every year and this was her first! They show off all kinds of artwork they have done during the year and have a special something for the grandparents! Then Parker had his first May Day Play Day or as we called it at the PDS I went to Field Day. He was on the Gold team which as a proud member of the Green team all my PDS years I was a little sad but I was told this PDS they switch every year. He had a blast at May Day play day! Then his class had their play and they all did so good! It was "God's little Love Bugs". Parker's line "for instance, take these little lady bugs over here" It was so cute and afterwards they showed a slide show of the year and it made me cry. Parker and his classmates looked so little at the beginning of the year. Seriously, I cried and cried till I finally gathered my composure in the car. I just kept thinking of that tiny 7 pound baby and the first time I saw him and here he was so grown up! Also that was coupled by it being our 9th wedding anniversary that day (May 20th). No way 9 years ago could I have imagined what life we had had so far and where we would be today. I cherish all 9 years with Jason and love him so much! The day before our anniversary, Jason found out about a job he had in Houston, Texas and he had to go meet the guy at the job that week. He decided since it was our anniversary that we would make a little trip out of it by ourselves. He was so sweet looking up 5 star hotels on the Internet and boy did he find a nice one! We had a good time trying new places to eat and shopping. It was just a great time. So many thanks to my Mom and my sister in law Dana for keeping the kids. We love them so much and we can count on them no matter what! So that is what we have been up to. Since then we have been enjoying the nice weather on the days it has been nice. Parker and I went to the pool for the first time yesterday too. It was fun! Anyway, enjoy the pictures!
Laney and Mimi checking out Laney's artwork
Laney and Mimi (my momma!)
Laney enjoying Mimi's yard
Laney and Parker having a great time playing!
Laney is my thumbsucker and it is soo cute that she has to suck her thumb and hold a blankie. So cute! She sleeps grasping this blankie and sucking that thumb!
The week of May Day Play Day they had spirit week where they dressed up each day. This was Tacky Day for Parker (not Laney) Parker had the best time picking out a Tacky outfit! Notice the rain boots with it!
Parker doing the sack race!
Parker in the Tug of War! They won!
Parker with his Medal. He was so proud! All the 3k-5k kids got one!
Parker has this green bucket for toys and I find him in her crib right when she woke up and he was putting her in it. Notice that look on his face and Laney thinking.."Oh Dear Lord, why was I not born first!!"
Parker found this turtle..poor thing. Notice to all Turtles and Frogs around our House....RUN!!!!!
He had to put it in a box to keep and water him. We went inside for a "rest" and came back out 2 hours later and the turtle had dug a hole in the box and escaped. Who knew they could do that! Of course Parker looked for him but this turtle must have been fast.
Parker singing this little light of mine with his lighting bug at the play!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You have been busy!! Great update! Great pics! Love the camo boots!
too cute! What ever will you do when Laney has tacky day- she doesn't own anything tacky! : ) I'll send one of Audrey's cartoon shirts down for you : )
I laughed outloud when I read what you put under the picture of Parker in Laney's crib with the green bucket.
Post a Comment