I don't even remember now what night that was...Monday night I think. It started at about 12 Laney was up crying for some reason and finally we got her back to sleep. About 2 we hear Parker in his room coughing a croupy cough and Jason and I both look at each other like Ugg not again we are never going to get sleep. I go in Parker's room and start the drill. He got the croup several times when he was really little. So I go turn the shower on to make his bathroom a steam room and go get some cough syrup. I come back to give him the syrup and he is coughing and crying and gasping for air and wheezing. Ok, that is not normal. I start to panic a bit and pick him up to carry him to the bathroom hoping the steam will open him up and he just continues to struggle to breathe. At this point, I am convinced he is having an asthma attack. He has never been diagnosed with Asthma but given that my Dad and Jason's brother Joseph had asthma and my Mom has it, I have always knew it could be a possibility. I called for Jason and he came in there and tried to calm Parker down after he freaked out a bit himself. I did not say anything to Jason about I think we need to take him to the dr but I was thinking it especially after I thought his lips looked a little blue. Jason told Parker we were going to get dressed and go to the dr. So they left me and Laney there. I am in tears just wanting to be with my baby boy. I knew my Mom would come over in a minute and would probably be mad at me the next day for not calling so I did. Of course she came right over to stay with Laney so I could go to the hospital. My sister of course then knew about it and had to come with us to the hospital. By the time I got there Parker was breathing much better. They gave him a breathing treatment, steroid and antibiotic shot. He did have the croup and it was just really closing his airways. So glad it is not asthma. He also had a respiratory infection. We got to leave the hospital at about 3:30. It scared the mess out of me that Parker was struggling to breath. Thank goodness he got better and sleep till 11 that morning! While he was taking the breathing treatment my sister said I wish I had a camera. I wish I did too! He did so good and thought it was fun because we said he looked like someone from Star Wars!
We have our tree up and we are all getting ready for Christmas! Parker got to wear his pjs to school on Friday to watch the Polar Express. Wish he could wear pjs everyday! It was so easy getting him dressed. Check out his pjs too! They have cute red/white striped pants that go with it. Anyway, here are a few pictures.
Parker decorating the tree
Parker in his pjs for school. Can you read what they say? "Dear Santa, It wasn't me!" Ha, so Parker!
This robe thing was something my Dad had, we have it for days at school when he has to dress up like someone from China or something. Anyway, from time to time he puts it on and lounges in it. We call him our "little Hugh Hefner" when he wears this around! LOL!
Laney looking at the tree.




2 comments:
OMG! That is so scary. I am dreading our 1st visit. I hope it waits til she's 5! I'm glad he is better and not something major. Audrey wore her PJs to school Thursday to watch the Polar Express too!
Wow that is really scary!! I am glad you guys got it all figured out and he is doing better. I hate when kids are sick. It is just so scary!! Anyway glad you are all back to better. Cute tree!
Post a Comment