Tuesday, December 16, 2008

5 year old wisdom

These are some funny Parker stories I wanted to write down so I could remember them. REad on if you want! Parker lastnight for some reason started talking about burping. Probably because my child has always been advanced in this and sounds like a full grown man sometimes! He at least says excuse me after he burps but still working on that we don't always do this so loudly in public. Anyway, I asked why people burped. He said you burp after you eat. I said why. He said because your body makes you. I said why..he said "would you stop asking me why"..oh payback is not fun is it my little Parker! Then he went on to say "because the food mixes with the other food and you burp." LOL! A little while later Parker said something about if I saw angels and that they were dead. I said no, angels are not dead they live in heaven with Jesus. I went on to say and you know we have angels up there like Grandaddy Bryant and Uncle Joseph and.... before I could say anything else he looked at me and said, "Momma, where is Uncle Joseph's stone that says his name" I knew exactly what he meant. I said "Paris, TN" He looked at me all confused and said "Under the Sea?" I could not help but laugh. I guess Paris, TN does kinda sound like Under the Sea if you have never heard of it before! This happened last year at Christmas but I was reminded of it while putting up my tree this year and I had wished I had written down the event so I could have remembered it better but here goes this story. I had a very pretty big bow at the top of the tree. Parker had a FIT! "Momma, our tree is NOT a girl tree." I said "What?" He said "It has a big hair bow and our tree is not a girl tree. A tree is suppose to have a STAR..duh." So I had to go buy a star. Thank goodness Wal Mart had a tasteful pretty star that matched my pretty gold ribbon. So because when Parker was 4 and had a fit that a tree had to have a star, our tree will have a star on top with the bow too!

1 comment:

The Gapens said...

I absolutely LOVE the stories! Too cute!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!