I know you probably wonder where in the world we have been. 2 words...Stomach Virus. It was awful. Last Friday when I dropped off Laney at daycare, the teacher from next door said she only had 5 kids that day. I asked where they were and she said they were sick with a virus. I asked what kind and she said stomach. So when at 1 am I hear Laney making a funny noise, I went to check on her and she was covered in throw up. I knew I was in for a long night. Bless her heart, a baby with the stomach virus is no fun. That was the first time I ever dealt with a baby with that. Parker was 2 when he first got that. Sunday night, at 2 am (why do these things hit in the middle of the night?) I hear Parker sounding like he is about to throw up and I go in there and what do I find...yep Parker in the bathroom about to throw up. I checked his bed and sure enough he had not made it in time. Ugg.... At least a 5 year old knows the drill and what to do but I spent all night cleaning out his "bowl" I knew if I made it through a baby throwing up on me all night and a night of cleaning out a bowl of throw up all night without getting this nasty virus, it would be a miracle. Needless to say, there was no miracle. Yep, you guessed it. Who woke up Monday night with it but me. Thankfully we are all better now and the biggest baby of us all escaped the week without getting it....Jason. Thank you Lord!!! Seriously, he is an awful patient. So that is pretty much where we have been. Oh Laney is getting tooth number 2! You can now see it!

Bless her baby heart. So sick can't even close her eyes good to sleep.

Same night after I managed to put some
pjs on her while she was sleeping. This is how she likes to sleep. So sweet! Well usually in her own bed but she was sick.
Bless his heart! The dog even looks like he does not feel good.
I do have one funny story. Parker finally got to go to school Wednesday. He goes to after school care and I think he must like it and likes playing with kids. He really is not a kid who likes to play alone at all. Anyway, my Mom picks the kids up every day. She mostly waits and picks him up at 4:45 when they are done playing and are in the line waiting to be picked up. That day she went a little early. They were still on the playground. Parker looked at her and said "Mimi, you are seriously interfering with my playtime." Momma said, I could not help but laugh. He is a mess. I swear though he is a future doctor. He is so into anything medical. He is watching a show on Discovery Health about a person getting a prosthetic arm as we speak.
Both kids at their separate schools made Indian shirts (well I of course made Laney's but Parker did help a lot with his) and Indian garb. Laney's school had their Indian march today and she came home with her shirt still on. Parker's was last week but I made him put it on so I could get this picture. I wish I would not have thrown away his other stuff or I would have made him put his headdress on and her. she had one too. They do so much with those babies. It is almost funny. She seriously comes home with some type of artwork everyday. I will have to take some pictures of her master pieces. Anyway..here is a picture from today! My little Indians. Oh Parker's name this year was Wise Owl and Laney was Little Sunflower.
My little Indians
4 comments:
I am so sorry the kids were so sick. I have been thinking about you guys but it has been crazy around here. I am all caught up on the blog.
The picture of Laney trying to sleep is heart-breaking. You can just see she is sick. I'm glad everyone is getting better.
They are precious. I'm so glad those sweet babies are feeling better!!
Awww cute pics. So sorry they have been sick. That is the pits. I hate cleaning up puke!! Hopefully everyone is on the mend!
Post a Comment