Tuesday, March 25, 2008
A Trip to the Hospital
So I know at least one person that if they read this here they are going to KILL me for not calling but I knew it was just to monitor me and that I was not going to deliver or anything lastnight. Anyway Sunday night during the middle of the night I got a killer headache that lasted almost all night. Then yesterday I kept getting one on and off and I just plain did not feel good. I know some of you are probably saying but I asked how you felt yesterday and you said fine. Well it is like this. I am working on the 10th month of being pregnant. Come on..honestly how do you think I feel? I just hate to sound like a complainer so unless I really am in pain or something I will probably say "fine". Anyway so at about 4:15 or so I call the dr. to ask if my headaches should be a concern since I have not had a problem with them at all since October and my blood pressure had been elevated the last 2 weeks in his office. The nurse asked me a few questions and she said I needed to come in to the hospital for some blood work and evaluation. So we went. I really did not want to hear that because I figured I was fine but if that is what she said to do then I will do it. We got to Memphis and they checked my blood pressure and yes it was a little high. I also had a few other signs that I had no idea were signs of hypertension. The monitored the baby and she was great! I had some blood work and it all came back fine. They told me I had traces of protein in my urine last week at my appointment but none in the tests lastnight. I was however severely dehydrated. I had no idea! They said they were surprised I was not very sick from it. My bloodpressure did come down a lot and was normal even a bit lower than normal by the end of the night. The dr. gave me 2 Lortab to make my headache go away. They did not want me leaving with one. It finally did and they let me go home to come back of course in a day or two to the dr. I have an appointment anyway on Thursday. I of course am suppose to come back if I have symptoms again. The nurses at that hospital were so super nice. They always are and why I love going up there and would never want to go to this hospital here. I mean they had my records, knew my history I did not have to tell them hardly a thing. The nurse told me she did not think I was going to make it to my induction next week though. She said I had too many "shady" symptoms that I probably would have to be induced earlier or have the baby. She was so cute. Shady....sounds like she is friends with my sister. That is her word! I don't know we will see. For now I am at home resting and am fine. Really I did not feel the need to tell anyone I was going anywhere because I was not in labor at all. I really would have called if I would have been in labor or if they would have decided to take the baby but that did not even come close to happening. I will say there was a girl next to me in the next assessment room I felt so bad for. The dr that was on call for her practice was the most rude person I have ever heard. We all were talking how out of line he was. True he was telling her the truth she had had contractions for 4 hours with no change in her cervix at all so she was not really in active labor but his tone was so awful. I mean talking to her like a dog. Jason probably would have clocked him if he would have talked to us like that. I would have too! The girl did call him an asshole to his face rightfully so! Anyway that was our night. I go back on Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment