Today I decided to plant a flower in her pot by her grave. I could not bring myself to post the picture of her tombstone..maybe in a year or two I can share. Anyway, usually Parker is in school but today he wasn't. I took him to Wal Mart and told him we were getting a flower to plant somewhere very special. He was only 2 1/2 when Grace was born. He does not remember and barely knew what was going on. He did know there was a baby in mommy's tummy but we did not talk about it much with him especially after I started having so many problems. then he knew I was in the hospital but I was just sick. Anyway, he was excited and we pulled up. He said.."Dead people" He started asking me about dead people and I told him it was just their earthly bodies that they had new bodies in heaven with Jesus. He said.."so in the ground they are probably skeletons by now" Then we pulled up to Grace's grave. He wanted to know right then who it was. I told him it was our angel in heaven. He then wanted to know what the name was. I told him Grace Elizabeth. We planted our flower then he asked "Is this your sister?" I told him no..I guess he thought it might be since he knew Daddy had a brother in heaven. That was all he asked. I just think he is still to young to tell him everything and I don't want to scare him since he can relate to having a baby sister. I really was shocked he asked as much as he did. Oh and he recognized the word Jesus out there and wanted to plant a flower on the grave of Jesus. I used that to tell him Jesus did not have a grave because he was alive but he reminded me that yes he did die for us and raised from the dead. I guess he is right but the tomb is Empty!! Praise the Lord! Anyway, it was a good day and I am so glad my little helper was with me. 
Mommy Loves you baby girl! Your tiny little feet are on my heart forever!
Mommy Loves you baby girl! Your tiny little feet are on my heart forever!




6 comments:
Thanks for sharing... I'm glad Parker was able to help you today too.
Beautiful post Laura. I am glad you are able to remember her this way.
Talking about death to kids is very hard. I try to explain my mom's death to Davis but I am not sure he really understands. He does know that it makes mommy sad though.
I'm sorry Laura. But what a sweet little boy you have. It looks like perfect weather.
Precious... God is so faithful and takes care of us in such sweet ways. What a precious memory....May God continue to heal and touch your heart. Beautiful post... Love you... Hayley
This is so touching. I knew you'd posted a little memory of her on FB, but I'm just getting by to read this. I'm sorry this is still so tender for you. There is just no time line on grief. It is different for us all. I am so glad that in these most difficult times you drew near to our heart for comfort. He is the peace that passes all understanding. God Bless you and your family as you are on this healing journey. And thank God for this precious angel that he blessed your lives with, if only for a few moments. ((Hugs))
sorry....that you drew near to our Lord's heart for comfort...is what I meant above.
Post a Comment