Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Will our life ever be slow again?

Once again we have been so busy I have not been able to update this blog. I am going to get better about it. We had a great Thanksgiving. Parker went on his first big hunting trip to the hunting cabin. He had a great time. Did not kill anything but had lots of fun with Daddy and Uncle Chris. I love that Jason does all this "man" stuff to share with Parker. It is something Parker will always remember and will be something he will hopefully do one day with his son and son on. I can't wait to get that 3rd generation picture of little golfers and hunters! Ok, so maybe I can wait. Hopefully in a good 25 years! Parker also had his Christmas program at school, Christmas parade and we finally are getting in the Christmas spirit around here. I still have a ton of shopping to do. I swear when I worked I got more shopping and was more organized. I had more thinking and sitting at the computer time to do things like that! Anyway, we have Freddy the elf that came to live with us for the next few weeks. He was here when Parker came home from the hunting camp and he was the first thing he noticed. Parker finally decided to name him Freddy and at first he creeps him out. Now we love him and love looking for where he is. He has gotten in some mischief since he has been here. He knocked down my nutcracker. Parker thought that was funny. Parker also got a letter from Santa filled with magic snow and reindeer food. It was such a cute letter. Our Aunt Celeste is so creative! Laney also got her first tiny haircut. The rat tail was getting out of control. It looks so much better! Kids also saw Santa. Laney would only wave to him. Screamed everytime I tried to put her in his lap. Parker took a great picture with him.
I wanted to share a few funny stories real quick. Parker cracks me up. Yesterday in the grocery store while checking out he said "Momma, why is that lady buying grass?" I looked and just died out laughing. "Parker, that is not grass....it is baby spinach!" He insisted yes it was grass. Then today we were discussing what he could take on Friday for share day since it is the letter Z week. Every week we put something in a bag and he gives the class hints what it is and they guess. He said he wanted to take zucchini. I said ok, I can buy that. I said but what will you say for a hint. Without hesitating he said "It is something girls wear to the beach...." I fell out laughing. I said no Parker that is a Bikini. Can you tell I can't get him to eat veggies? Too funny he is. Anyway, enjoy the pictures and be sure to check back soon...I promise to update!

Laney get her first haircut! Really just a trim. She did so well. Had to sit in my lap though


They love each other so much it makes my heart melt! Love their matching pjs!!




Laney and Mimi all bundled up to watch the parade


Parker rode in the Christmas parade this year on my sister's work float. They won 2nd place!




Laney riding Parker's old trike!



Parker singing in his Christmas play



Parker getting ready to go to on his first hunting camp trip!


My 2 little turkeys on Thanksgiving! Please note they actually match (his shirt and her bow that is in the back) because it was a chore to get Parker to put this shirt on. He wanted to wear his iron man t-shirt.



Parker shooting his first gun! They later went and bought a real youth gun. I think Jason just used Parker as an excuse to buy this particular one!



1 comment:

Scott, Meredith & Audrey said...

The pics are great and thanks for the update but to answer you question in the title of your blog- NO!